At Buff Canada, we’re more than just multifunctional headwear. We support athletes, teams, events, and organizations all over Canada that love the product for everything from high-performance sport to simply enjoying the outdoors.
We distribute to over 700 stores, so we need someone exceptional to join our amazing, small yet mighty team in Canmore.
Junior Marketing Manager Canada
At BUFF® we are original, nonconformist, passionate about what we do, and put people and the environment first. This is the basis of our philosophy and values and what guides us day to day. An attractive workplace, transparent and straightforward communication, and a culture that embraces leadership, diversity, equality, and development are the key elements of our approach to people management.
Purpose of the job
Within the BUFF® Canada branch, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing the global BUFF® Marketing Strategy within the Canadian market, supporting Sales and the entire Canadian team to accomplish company goals. The Marketing Manager Canada reports to the North American Marketing Manager & General Manager Canada, working together to excel the brand and product position within the Canadian market, while supporting the overall growth of the company.
This role will work closely with external partners as well as the members of the North American & Global Marketing Team and the D2C Team North America.
Country Marketing Strategy & Project Management – Locally managing, planning, and implementing the global Marketing strategy throughout all communication channels (B2B and end-consumer) under consideration of main KPIs. Coordinating with all stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure accountability on all deliverable to support brand growth locally.
Marketing Budget Planning & Reporting – Following the global and Country Specific Marketing Strategy plan the annual Marketing Budget with guidance and supervision of the General Manager Canada & North American Marketing Manager. Monitor, evaluate and report back on KPIs of all marketing activity in line with budget and company goals.
Communication – Manage and coordinate multichannel communication of the Brand with guidance and supervision of the Global Brand Manager and work closely with the NA Communication Manager, Social Media Manager and D2C and B2B Sales teams.
Sales Support – Assisting and supporting the Canadian Sales Manager and Sales Agent team with marketing strategy and materials to enhance the brand’s offering to B2B customers including sales catalogues, promotional materials, and customized products. This applies to the Sports and Safety product lines.
Trade Marketing – Together with the Global Trade Marketing Manager, planning, coordinating, and executing all trade marketing actions of the brand (Trade Shows, In-store actions, and eTailers).
Events & Brand Partnerships - Facilitate deliverable identification of partnerships and events to support market and brand goals. Manage and coordinate relationships and implement agreed strategies on the ground.
Brand ambassadors - Help identify ambassadors for the Buff brand and support the North American Social Media Manager and the Global Brand Content Team to best manage and activate them
PR – Works closely with NA Communications Manager to support asset management of media coverage, press releases, and industry reports for the Canadian market. Facilitate product sample request, orders, and tracking. Fulfill PR media requests.
Advertising - Manage advertising media partner outreach. Process IOs, calendar content deadlines, manage deliverable needs, and identify campaign alignment opportunities.
Communications Support - Develop communications templates such as strategic briefs, collaborative marketing plans, and presentations.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, marketing or communications or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an agency, corporate communications, or outdoor apparel marketing environment developing and executing external/customer-facing communications plans.
- Experience in proofing, editing, and writing various corporate communications assets (articles, blogs, brochures, presentations, press releases, web content, social media posts, video scripts, email campaign copy, etc.)
- Experience working with global teams / multiple time zones would be an asset.
- Bilingual English & French would be an asset.
- Proven strategic planning, project management, and problem-solving, including experience managing external agencies / partners.
- Understanding of the Canadian outdoor retail market with strong analytical, research, conceptual and creative skills and the ability to anticipate, interpret and integrate insights and complex industry trends into cohesive, focused communication strategies to support business objectives.
- Ability to work from a remote/home office and effectively deliver measurable results in demanding environments with diplomacy and adaptability while handling multiple tasks, prioritizing activities, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellence in research, writing, editing and proof-reading.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Solid understanding of sharing content via social media, email campaigns and other appropriate channels.
Ideally, we ask that you upload your resume and cover letter (in one document). While we appreciate all applications, we’ll contact those who we are most interested in!