Buff Canada complies with all the requirements applying to the protection of personal data in accordance with the Canadian law concerning the protection of personal data. All the data for which Buff Canada is responsible is protected by suitable security measures, both from a technical and organizational viewpoint, ensuring its confidentiality.
What information do we collect?
The information provided by the user includes (but is not limited to) contact details (Name, billing & shipping addresses, email address, and as an option, date of birth, and telephone number) to be able to contact the user as quickly as possible in order to answer questions concerning orders; service or card details to pay for the items purchased; whether the user has created an online profile, preference or areas of interest contained in their profile in addition to details and history of contacts, in the event of the user has interacted with Buff Canada via the “Contact” page of the Website.
How do we use the information?
The personal data obtained on Buff Canada’s website or in connection with our services are used for the following purposes:
- To process orders or to provide services.
- To respond to customer comments, questions and to provide customer service.
- To communicate information related to products, services, promotions, events, new contests, special offers and other news by email or similar, if the user has agreed to be contacted for this purpose.
- To operate and improve our website and services.
The personal data of the user shall not be segmented, transferred to third parties or used for purposes other than those specified above. The user will only be contacted concerning Buff Canada products and/or services if the user ticks the box indicating that they accept to receive information about our company which is displayed when their data is collected.
Data provided by users will not be segmented, shared to third parties or used for different purposes than the ones hereby specified. Only parties which Buff Canada would be legally obliged to share data with as well as technical providers, logistics providers, shipping and delivery couriers, customer service agents, internal management and marketing/advertising parties.
If users provide the personal data of a third party they must, prior to it being included, have informed said third party and asked for the person’s consent with regard to the implications of accepting. In the event of users providing their data and ticking the corresponding box which appears when the user’s data is being collected, they expressly authorize us to process their data in accordance with this policy.
Buff Canada shares your personal data with a select number of third parties outlined below to ensure the above services are maintained:
- Shipstation, Canada Post or FedEx: for shipping and logistic purposes.
- Google Analytics: to improve website and service by tracking cookies to identify user behaviour on-site.
- Nosto: to provide tailored product recommendation to our users.
- Dotmailer: to share email communication with our customers.
- Facebook, Instagram & Twitter: for social media communication and consumer segmentation.
- Belboon: to track cookies in order to track used coupon codes.
There are no hyperlinks on our web pages which send the user’s data to other web pages. There is no hidden processing of personal data.
How to Access your Personal Information
Buff Canada stores personal data while the user is a Registered User on the Website or until he/she decides to cancel consent to receive promotional campaigns and thereafter only to fulfill legal obligations. In any case, when data will not be needed for the original purpose intended and as far as the final cancellation of those will not be executed, data will be stored but not used. Users may exercise their right to access, request data or delete data and by writing to:Buff Canada Ltd.Attn: Privacy Officer120-105 Bow Meadow Cres.Canmore, AB T1W 2W8